This fall I have been fortunate to mentor an internship with Blake and Joaquin, two juniors at Design Tech High School, “DTech,” in San Mateo, California. The subject of this internship was Workflow Automation in Legal. Blake and Joaquin did the research, wrote the copy, and created the graphics. They did an outstanding job.
Take a look. Do you now know what Workflow Automation in Legal is?
What is Workflow Automation?
Workflow Automation is the use of process improvement and software to increase productivity and efficiency.
What is Workflow Automation in Legal?
Workflow automation in legal is the use of software to automate legal processes,
“Workflow Automation in legal is the automation and optimization of the legal team’s workflows to maximize efficiency, eliminate errors, and provide more value to the law firm or legal department.”Jake Link, bryter
What are Examples of Workflow Automation in Legal?
- Client Billing
- Scheduling Appointments
- Client Intake
- NDA Generators
- Employment Contract Generators
What Companies Provide Solutions for Workflow Automation in Legal?
- ActionStep – cloud-based, legal practice management and billing and accounting software
- Centerbase – cloud-based, legal accounting, billing, and practice management software
- Clio – cloud-based, legal practice management and billing software
- Rocket Matter – cloud-based, legal practice management and billing software
- Zapier – used to connect different applications and integrate their workflow into a single application
- BRYTER – development platform for legal, procurement, and compliance to automate workflows, build applications, and digitize contracting
- Matter Suite – cloud-based legal practice management software
- Mobile Helix – encrypted mobile app for document workflows for lawyers
Why is it Important for Legal Teams to Engage in Workflow Automation?
Legal teams should engage in workflow automation because of the major impact it can bring to a firm, especially when it frees up the lawyers to bill more hours with clients. In addition, with workflow automation, lawyers and other employees can engage in higher level work which leads to greater job satisfaction and less stress.
Is Workflow Automation a Good or Bad Thing?
It’s definitely a good thing as it enhances the efficiency of a firm to allow for increased profits.
Blake and Joaquin made a one minute video about the internship.
Authors: Blake and Joaquin
If you like this post, please let us know at contact at mobilehelix.com.
“Legal Workflow Automation Explained: Examples, Benefits, and Solutions”. Bryter. Jake Link. April 13, 2022. https://bryter.com/blog/legal-workflow-automation-transforms-legal-departments/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic
- “Workflow Automation in legal is the automation and optimization of the legal team’s workflows to maximize efficiency, eliminate errors, and provide more value to the law firm or legal department.”
- Its benefits are increasing time and productivity for the workers that normally have to deal with manual paperwork/data processes. Examples of workflow automation tools are legal intake tools, automatic NDA generators, and data breach reporting, and client billing.
“Everything You Need to Know About Legal Workflow Automation and Why You Should Have It”. Centerbase. Chelsea Huss. Apr 5, 2022. https://centerbase.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-legal-workflow-automation-and-why-you-should-have-it/
- Basic overview of workflow automation along with a list of legal practice management software that includes workflow.
- “Workflow itself is defined as the sequence of industrial, administrative, or other processes through which a piece of work passes from initiation to completion.”
“Why Legal Workflow Automation is Important to Law Firm Success”. Mattersuite. July 27, 2021 https://www. mattersuite.com/blog/why-workflow-automation-important-to-law-firm-success
- Goes more into the ROI and the positive worth it brings to a firm, especially down the line in use of automation. Includes useful graphics that may be used for inspiration for future graphics or to source a quote from Mattersuite.
- “Legal automation is designed to streamline the law practice operations smoothly. Automating document management to gaining more clients, everything can be achieved with legal automation.”